Today we’d like to introduce you to Sabre Cook. Them and their team share their story with us below:
Sabré Cook is a successful racing driver with 18 years of experience. She began karting at age 8, and as her passion grew, she started racing competitively at age 10. Sabré is a voracious competitor whose racing career highlights include:
• 8x Colorado State Karting Champion
• 3x TAG USA World Champion
• 2012 SKUSA S2 National Champion- First Female
• 2015 Challenge of the Americas DD2 International Champion
• 2015 Member of Team USA for the Rotax Grand Finals
• First Female to Qualify for a KZ World Championship Main Event
• 2015 3rd Place US Open Shifter Elite National Championship
• 2016 US Open Shifter Elite National Champion
• 2017 Team USA Scholarship Finalist- First Female
• 2019-2021 Qualified for and Competed in W Series
• 2019 3rd Place & Fast Lap in W Series Reverse Grid Race
• 2021 1st Place NLS 8 Nürburgring Cup 5 Class Win
• Only Female to Podium in Porsche Sprint Challenge
• The only American to qualify for W Series 2020 & 2021
• Women in Sports Foundation Project Podium Grant Recipient
• 2014 Max speed & Mazda Road to Indy Scholarship Winner
• IMSA Diverse Driver Development Scholarship Runner Up
Sabré didn’t make the transition from karting to car racing until 2017. Still, in just 4 short years, she has gained international recognition and is eager to continue her steep progression in auto racing.
In addition to her accomplishments behind the wheel, Sabré is one of the most promising young engineers. As a first generation student she graduated from the Colorado School of Mines with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering in 2017. She then went on to win the Infiniti Engineering Academy global final (US Region) in October 2018. This feat allowed her to work as a Vehicle Test Engineer at Nissan Technical Center Europe and then realize another lifelong goal, to work in F1. Starting in June 2019, Sabré worked as a Suspension Composite Design Engineer for the Renault F1 Team. Since her move back to US soil, Sabre has worked with other elite companies such as Formula Mazda, Cranfield Simulation. She is now working for Paretta Autosport as a Performance Engineer in INDYCAR and Kelly-Moss Road and Race as a Data Engineer.
Sabré not only strives to deliver prime performances on and off the track, but to aid in the development of those who want to learn. She has been coaching drivers of all ages and experience levels for 11 years and offers private or group sessions. Other areas of Sabré’s involvement include the Society of Automotive Engineers, Shift Up Now, DP Next Gen Foundation, Alpha Phi- Iota Zeta International Fraternity, RPM Foundation, Society of Women Engineers, and Women in Motorsports North America.
When Sabré is not racing or working, she enjoys training in the gym, running, cycling, climbing, hiking, and relaxing with painting, drawing, reading, music, fishing, camping, and playing with her family dog, Amicus.
We all face challenges, but looking back, would you describe it as a relatively smooth road?
No, definitely not! Life is never a linear path. We’re meant to be challenged to gain better self awareness and grow into better versions of ourselves.
Some advice I would give to people going through challenges in their own life and careers would be to tap into the massive amount of self-help books and tools available. I know it seems to to be a “fad” right now but committing time to grow is the best gift you can give yourself. Adapt, learn, explore all the ideas you can and take on the ones that ring true or resonate with you and your values. Take it step by step and practice a new idea or technique one at a time! Don’t try to change it all at once! Master each small habit and through consistency you can create the life and person you want to be.
Thanks – so what else should our readers know about your work and what you’re currently focused on?
My current focus is securing partnerships for the 2023 season where Kelly-Moss Racing and I have a unique goal: to become the first female driver & team owner pairing in the history of motorsports to win a Pro National Championship. To join this history making campaing please conact my team and I at SabreCookRacing@gmail.com.
What do you like best about our city? What do you like least?
I love the mountains, clear blue skies, clean air, biking trails, and wildlife. I’m not overjoyed about the growing amount of inhabitants & traffic in the Dever area though.
- Email: SabreCookRacing@gmail.com
- Website: www.SabreCookRacing.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sabrecook/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SabreCookRacing
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sabre_Cook
- Other: https://www.etsy.com/shop/sabrecookracing/