Today we’d like to introduce you to Jillian and Hillary Glenn.
GLENN + GLENN was founded by sisters Hillary Glenn Riley and Jillian Glenn Altman. They were raised in the Midwest and pursued degrees in the Arts, Fashion and Business, taking their own career paths to different places.
Having worked in the fashion industry for over a decade, Hillary launched her career at Diane von Furstenberg in New York City and subsequently transitioned into knitwear design. She returned to Colorado to design for major players in the lifestyle and performance industry.
Jillian’s background as a contract designer in corporate branding, art direction and photography has kept her close to the entrepreneurship atmosphere. After designing, branding, merchandising and photographing for dozens of other clients and apparel brands, it was time to act on the idea they had shared since childhood.
Hillary and Jillian created Glenn + Glenn in 2017.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
We continue to learn every day that creating a great product is no simple feat. Creating a great product at an affordable cost is more complex. And creating a great product at an affordable cost and getting it into the hands of the customers is even more difficult.
– Specifically… quality of textiles is very important to us, so locating high-quality fabrics from mills all over the world has been very tedious. We don’t want to cut corners here, so it requires time and shipping and travel.
– Negotiating cost of production for small quantities of garments.
– So many decisions to make! Every day, especially starting a new company from scratch.
– Reaching online customers requires constant observation and attention, certainly not as easy as launching a website and hoping people will go to it!
So let’s switch gears a bit and go into the Glenn + Glenn story. Tell us more about the business.
Our brand is comprised of tailored, modern classics for the urban sophisticate. Created with intention and thoughtfully produced.
Our philosophy is evolving daily, but there are a few pillars we are building it upon.
Smart business is most definitely “a thing.” We have learned some things along the way. While not perfect, we continue to strive for efficiency in every facet of our business model to produce the best possible product. We want to be a sustainable company – not just in the environmental meaning of the word, but also in longevity. We are proud to partner with women-owned factories in New York City. We are creating accessories from our excess fabric with another woman-owned, zero-waste organization in Colorado.
Let’s fill the void! We are answering the call for timeless pieces that are made from beautiful fabrics, constructed with integrity, and are accessible to the modern woman.
Attention to details. Is there any other way? We think details steer the ship – painstaking as they sometimes are, details are often what makes the difference.
Has luck played a meaningful role in your life and business?
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation, right? And sometimes you just get lucky, so I guess it is safe to say we are busy preparing!
- Isla Cami in various fabrics $88 – $120
- Como Shell $128
- Rhys Tank $145
- Lotte Skirt $164
- Alyster Blouse in various fabrics $265 – $325
- Eliot Dress $362
- Burke Dress $378
- Avery Skirt in various fabrics $255 – $585
- Skinny Scarves in various fabrics $12 -$18
- Address: G+G corporate office: 1035 Pearl Street, Boulder CO 80302
- Website: www.glennglennapparel.com
- Phone: 720-608-0638
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glennandglenn/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2glennsapparel/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/2glennsapparel
All photo credits to Jillian Glenn Altman @jillyglennglenn
– personal photo “HJtogetherWeb3.jpg”: Brett Wilhelm @wilhelmvisualworks
– “41E2CC2E-8C74-4FC8-A8E3-2D87F45A9871.JPG” courtesy of Carolina Herrera