Today we’d like to introduce you to Theresa Dolezal and Kerry Condon. Them and their team share their story with us below.
Please kick things off for us with some background on the story.
At The District, our mission is to provide everyone a memorable experience with great service, quality food and drink choices in a welcoming, fun atmosphere! To achieve our mission, we work collectively as a team to provide consistent, exceptional guest experience. We care about each other, our guests, and our vendors.
The District started in 2014 with college roommates who had a vision for a hip and fresh take on the Uptown dining scene. In 2018, a shift in ownership took place and the re-launch of restaurant as The District Bar | Brunch | Marketplace ensued.
- The District Bar features craft cocktails, 29 beers on tap and wine.
- The District Brunch takes place every Saturday and Sunday with bottomless libations from 9am to 3pm where customers can mix and match between mimosas, beermosas, bloody marys, bloody marias, screwdrivers, and sangria. Featuring our award-winning bottomless build your own bloody Mary and Mimosa bar, we also have all the classics you’d expect at brunch, like French Toast and omelets, along with unique takes on some classics like Breakfast Corndogs and Brisket and Eggs.
- The District Marketplace consists of Sauced Smokehouse, Eatery Uptown, Salad on Seventeen and Big Truck Ice Cream exclusively scooping Little Man Ice Cream.
Current owners Kerry Condon and Theresa Dolezal met five years ago just down the street from The District Marketplace. Since that time, they have grown as partners in business and life, excited by the opportunity to create a positive place for people to enjoy quality food and drinks.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
The road has been an adventure full of fun and embraceable challenges. We have learned great lessons on staffing, resource management, and the powerful role weather plays on the restaurants bottom line.
We’d love to hear more about your business.
Our mission is to provide everyone a memorable experience with great service, quality food and drink choices in a welcoming, fun atmosphere. To achieve our mission, we work collectively as a team to provide consistent, exceptional guest experiences.
As a team, we have certain expectations in terms of how we behave (our core values) and who we are collectively.
We behave in regards to the following core values:
- Connected: We act as a team to ensure exceptional customer experience.
- Committed to Excellence: We learn, grow and are open to change.
- Trustworthy: We are reliable, honest and act for the good of our team.
- Accountable: We hold each other to high standards of behavior/integrity.
- Diversity: We embrace diversity and recognize its importance for our future growth and success.
Expectations of who we are as a team:
- We are all guest ambassadors, acting in different roles working toward the same goal of exceptional guest experience!
- We are positive, dependable, humble, caring, respectful, productive, possess good judgment, have job knowledge, and display teamwork.
- We do not accept gossip, selfishness, deceitfulness, or resistance to change.
The element of quality and choice is what sets us apart!
What were you like growing up?
Outgoing, a lover of life, loved dancing, singing, talking with people, learning new skills, athletic, adventuresome and happy!
- Address: 1320 East 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80219
- Website: www.districtdenver.com
- Phone: 303-813-6688
- Email: DistrictDenver@gmail.com
- Instagram: @DistrictDenver
- Facebook: @TheDistrictDenver