This isn’t a guide to the fanciest food in town. We aren’t trying to be like the Michelin Guide. We’re normal people, who just like really, really good food. What follows is what we believe is the best food in Denver– we ignore factors like the pedigree of the chef and the price level. Our sole criterion is how good it tastes.
1. Root Down
- Cozy spot with a modern feel
- They consume clean energy and are powered 100% by wind energy. Over 50% of their ingredients are sourced locally (within Colorado) and their network of responsible food sourcing supports over 55 local ranchers, farmers, growers & food artisans. All of their cleaning products and sanitizers are biodegradable and their paper products from the bathroom to the kitchen are made from 100% post-consumer unbleached recycled paper.
2. Radha Govinda’s
- Healthy, Vegan and a dose of peace, love and harmony
3. La Loma
Address: 1801 Broadway Unit 116 Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (303) 433-8300
Yelp: 4 stars with 700+ reviews
La Loma began as a family-owned Mexican restaurant in a small brick house just a block away from what became our landmark location for over thirty years, on 26th Ave in Denver. Now, La Loma has moved to the heart of downtown across from the historic Brown Palace. They offer the same menu and many of the decorative touches our loyal guests have loved for decades including exposed brick with wooden accents, large, stained glass windows, and the photo of Savina Mendoza. La Loma’s famed barrel-aged tequila is still in the bar, and the atmosphere continues to be cozy and warm, welcoming parties of any size to enjoy their favorite dishes.
4. Pho 95
Thank you to the always cool Daliah Monique
- Great VEGAN pho, loaded with veggies and so much flavor
- Award winning Vietnamese food (5280 Magazine, ABC7 A-list, Westword 2012, etc)
- Pho King Challenge: Finish a GIANT bowl of traditional Vietnamese Pho Soup and receive your Pho-King meal for free, A Pho-King t-shirt, and your picture displayed as Pho-King winner of the month
5. Hops & Pie
- Great beer selection on tap
- They have daily specials that you can enjoy any time of the day
- Try out their Tuesday Twenty-Three where you can get one of their awesome 18” 2 topping pizza plus 2 drafts for just $23. It starts 5pm to closing
6. Biju’s Little Curry Shop
- Biju’s Little Curry Shop focuses on bringing a new style of Indian cuisine to Denver. Freshly made every day, they combine true southern style ingredients and throw in a little spice to give it a kick.
- Everything is made from scratch and served fresh daily and they also have vegan and vegetarian options available
- Samosa chaat is to die for
7. The Rolling Pin Bakeshop
- Love the ambiance here and their baked goods will make you feel like you just walked into a bakery in France
- Phenomenal Artichoke Tortellini
- The ambiance is very chic and modern with the hand-blown glass fixtures, copper-topped bar, exhibition kitchen, etc
- They’ve been featured by Eating Well (All About the Sides), 5280 (25 Best Restaurants), Cowboys & Indians (Recipes From The Southwest’s Best Chef), Thrillist (The 17 Best Female Chefs In America) and many more
9. Native Foods Café
- Native Foods Café has grown to become America’s premier fast-casual vegan restaurant group spanning coast to coast. Their menu is beloved by vegans and non-vegans alike, with seasonally updated one-of-a-kind dishes, delicious desserts and homemade beverages inspired by their innovative culinary team.
- Their food is made fresh daily—from their homemade tempeh and seitan, to their Native Cheese, to their sauces and drinks, dressings and desserts too! Their entire menu is 100% plant-based as they strive to create a compassionate dining experience serving up homemade meals that are good for you, your family and the environment
10. Angelo’s Taverna
- They make homemade pastas, pizzas and special red sauce all from scratch every day
- Try their happy hour available daily every 3pm-6pm and 9pm – closing and get bites for as low as $1 and up to $2 off on drinks
- Uncle is a ramen shop serving their unique take on a traditional Japanese staple
- Was named as one of the best restaurants in Denver by Eater, Thrillist, The Infatuation, Denver Westword, 5280, and many more
12. True Food Kitchen
- Great spot for vegans and others looking for a plant based meal
- Their Spaghetti Squash is great
13. Taqueria La Familia
Address: 2642 W 32nd Ave Denver, CO 80211
Phone: (303) 433-2332
Yelp: 4.5 stars with 100+ reviews
- One of our favorite mexican spots in town
- A good selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options
14. Osteria Marco
With their classic hand-tossed Italian pizza, extensive and accessible wine selection, house crafted meats and cheeses, and rustic elegance—Marco carries on the tradition of a classic osteria—a place where an upscale chef might flip a few pizzas; where great food, fabulous wine, and laughing friends connect to experience the Italian table.
- You’ve got to order their house made burrate – it’s insanely good
15. Liang’s Thai Food
Address: 500 16th St Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (720) 810-8693
Yelp: 4.5 stars with 200+ reviews
- Solid thai food, we’re fans of most of their food
- If Pad Thai is your thing, you’ll enjoy Liang’s pad thai
16. Snooze An AM Eatery
Founded by brothers Jon and Adam Schlegel, Snooze was born on April 2, 2006 in Denver, Colorado seeking to evolve the A.M. dining experience through culinary innovation, an eclectic and energetic atmosphere and comfortable and friendly service.
- Their menu changes seasonally and their chefs use the freshest ingredients to prepare every dish from scratch.
- One percent of sales from each Snooze makes its way back into the local community through the donation of in-kind goods (A.K.A. pancakes!) and services. You’ll see them passing out pancakes, maintaining school gardens, volunteering at food banks and cleaning up beaches.
17. Tacos Tequila Whiskey
At their brick & mortar restaurant you can get their tacos anytime—no need to brave the streets and farmer’s markets. They’re bringing their same modern twist on “comida de la calle”—Mexican street food—to a sit-down restaurant with an expanded menu and a selection of quality, small-batch tequila and whiskey as well as a lot of other beverages.
- They have happy hours daily 3pm-6pm but have it all night long every Monday
18. Blunozer Café
- They’ve got an eclectic, cozy kind of ambiance with knick knacks and mismatched chairs, etc
- Everything is baked in house – how incredible is that!
19. WaterCourse Foods
- WaterCourse Foods is Denver’s original vegan restaurant since 1998. Definitely worth giving them a try and supporting people who were way ahead of their time
20. North Italia
- They make all their pastas and pizzas from scratch, handmade everyday
21. Sam’s No. 3 Downtown
- Huge menu – over 100 items and very kid-friendly and family-friendly
22. Ambli Denver
23. Steuben’s Food Service
Steuben’s is named after a restaurant in Boston that the current owner’s Great Uncles, Max and Joe, opened in 1945. Steuben’s became a famous Boston restaurant, nightclub, and hotspot from the 1940’s to the 1960’s on Boylston Street. The Vienna Room, The Cave, and The Blue Room were all part of the Steuben’s space and hosted Big Band, Jazz, and Swing groups with The Rat Pack, Proms and Sweet Sixteens and more. In its prime, Steuben’s was the center of the Boston dining and nightlife scene.
24. Work & Class
- Opened in 2014 and have been making a splash ever since
- Awards and recognition from 5280 Magazine, Thrillist, and Zagat as one of the best new restaurants in Denver and in the US
- Their Massive Heart Attack Salad is one of their most popular / most talked about items
25. Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen
- Euclid Hall Bar and Kitchen is the third restaurant from the team of Jennifer Jasinski and Beth Gruitch, owners of the award-winning Rioja and Bistro Vendôme